Arctor File Backup - Reliable & Easy-To-Use
Arctor employs a file-based backup strategy. A file is archived in the repository only when its modification time stamp has changed to a later date than the modification time of an existing backup in the archive drive.
Arctor's Smart Backup Technology
Arctor's Smart Backup Technology protects your files from the most common error: accidental deletion or corruption of valuable documents.
With Arctor's Smart Backup Technology you can backup all of your critical data in an easy and reliable way. Just set up some backup rules to include all the files you want to be saved (word documents, spreadsheets, database files, address books, images, videos, etc.) and Arctor's smart backup technology automagically ensures that you always have
- All intraday backups made during the last 24 hours
- One daily backup for one week back
- One weekly backup for one month back
- One monthly backup for one year back or longer.
Fast & Easy-to-use Restore Wizard
Arctor is a "Hot Redundancy" Solution: all your backup files are readily available at your fingertips.
Access and retrieval of lost files or older versions of a file is almost instantaneous. Portable hard drives (USB or FireWire) can be quickly mounted and accessed, there is no need to locate and handle a particular tape or CD to restore your backup. Simply run Arctor's Restore Wizard, select the files you want to restore, and you are ready to continue with your work.
More Arctor Benefits & Features
- Arctor's file-based backup strategy combines the advantages of a full backups and incremental backups: You are able to quickly restore files at a given date, while at the same time the small storage footprint of each backup allows you to keep more previous versions of your files at hand.
- A user can dig into Arctor's backup repository and access all files and versions himself without the need to install any additional software - because Arctor does not use any proprietary file formats.
- Arctor is an install & forget solution - it runs reliably all the time, not interfering with everyday's business.
- Arctor offers many sophisticated options to control the backup process, such as how long backups may be kept, and how many versions of a file are kept. Other powerful options let you fine-tune your backup rules.
- Statistics & Reporting: Transfer Bandwidth, Disk Usage, Selected Files, Archived Files, Orphans, File Size Distribution etc.
- S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring helps you detect problems with your hard disks before they get serious
- Advanced scheduling options for individual rules and rule groups:
Rules can be combined to rule groups with individual scheduling options:
interval, time-of-day, week day, on request, retry missed schedules
- Easy-to-use Restore Wizard: restore missing/modified files only, preserve read-only file attribute in compression mode
- I/O bandwidth limiting to conserve network resources
- Commandline interface to support batch operations
- Support for long file names
Free Trial Download
Download the free, fully functional trial version and see how easy it is to set up and use Arctor.