Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Feature Requests » New filter type ?
New filter type ? [message #137] Fri, 05 November 2004 10:55 Go to previous message
Hi there,

I run a mailserver in an environment, where we send out 30-40.000 emails a day, to different users of our websites - email adresses are up to 5 years old (since the user registered).

This obviously gives us a lot of trouble with "bouncing" emails, as many email adresses dont exist anymore, users inbox full and so on.

Today, these emails go into my Exchange Server 2003 store (right thru the NST proxy) - then I have som rules with puts these "returned" emails into a seperate folder, which I delete manualy every 2 weeks.

But everyone familiar with Exchange, knows that this is a "heavy" and slow process.

Couldnt it be nice with a generic filter in NST, where you could query on each incoming email on the "generic values" like "subject", "from", "to", "body".

Then I could make a filter like this (inspired by the email rules in Outlook) :

if subject like "Undeliverable email" then accept/delete message!

This way my emails are "killed" on the incoming SMTP proxy level, instead of filling my Exchange Server 2003 store with emails I need to delete manually.

It takes quite some time to delete 150.000+ emails from one folder in Exchange Server 2003 Smile

So, is this a good idea and any hope that a thing like this could be implemented on the SMTP (No Spam Today) level ?

Tony Fonager

Netcoders ApS, Copenhagen, Denmark

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Suggestion for next update
Next Topic: Temporary disable filters
Goto Forum: