Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » No Connect from external adresses
No Connect from external adresses [message #992] Fri, 07 January 2005 17:54 Go to previous message

i just installed my licenced SMTP version today on a designated NSP-Server (w2k/SP4/450Mhz, 256MB) here.
I tested it on another system (same specs !) for evaluation where it worked fine.

Now i configured the "new" system completely identic to the first one (except of course the IPs) Filters, Rules and so on are the same.

The Mail is routed through my ISA-Server (Firewall) to the NSP-Server which passes them over to the VirusWall (TrendMicro) wo passes them over to Exchange2k. Each Server is a designated single machine with its own IP.

The problem is now:
i can connect via telnet from internal adresses (like my workstation) to the NEW NSP-Server and generate Mails manually using SMTP-commands,
as soon as the Firewall is redirected to this NEW Server it says: "Connection reset by client (recv failed)" on every effort on trying to test or send from the "outside" -> sending mails from the outside is therefore not possible as the server does not accept any connect as it seems.
Switching back to the OLD evaluation-system (that is still running) > perfect ...
What can the problem be ? The test-server is not a Domain-Member, but that should not be a problem to this, should it?

kind regards and a nice weekend,

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Client Disconnects... Again
Next Topic: Filter settings with multiple proxies.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 24 23:55:09 CEST 2016