Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Feature Requests » NST w/ Domino and sa-learn and a suggestion
NST w/ Domino and sa-learn and a suggestion [message #164] Wed, 23 June 2004 16:22 Go to previous message
I'm using NST with Lotus Domino 6.0.1 and would like to use and update the bayes database to help filter the email. As you all probably are not familliar with Domino, you probably cannot help me, but I thought I would ask here too. I am not sure if/how you can save emails to a format that SA-learn will accept. Is there a way to do it and how?

Also, This is a small suggestion and I wonder if it would be easy to implament as it is already a feature in an opensource product called ASSP ( and that is to save all email messages in a .eml format in subdirectories called XXX/spam and XXX/notspam where "XXX" is your install directory. This way every email is saved in .eml format and sorted already. All you need to do is quickly scan the directory and pull out any false positives or negitives and then run sa-learn on the directory as --spam or --ham depending on which one it is. I dont know if this would be detrimental to the speed at which NST processes incomming emails but I would tend not to think so. The reason we are not using ASSP (a free SMTP spam proxy) is because it's processing speed is totally unacceptable for the volume of email we receive and NST does seem to be more "real time" as far as inbound email processing is concerned.
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 15:07:34 CEST 2016