Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » inconsistent header info
inconsistent header info [message #883] Thu, 04 November 2004 16:33 Go to previous message
I just upgraded yesterday to NSTfree v2.0.1.1 and since then my spam checking is barely working. I say 'barely' because most of the emails coming through now have no X-Spam header info at all, so at first I thought it wasn't checking at all. However, the headers do contain the "received by NST fw v2.0.1.1...." tags. Last night a handful of spams WERE flagged and DID contain the X-Spam header info (?) while most of the others still did not. It doesn't appear to be a case of messages simply not scoring high enough, because the complete lack of X-Spam info seems to indicate there is no spamassassin checking at all. Needless to say, my spam filtering is hosed and I am now being flooded with spam in my inbox again, after "enjoying" a relatively low amount for quite some time, thanks to NST.

The headers also indicate that SA v3.0 is being used, while there is a new bugfix release of SA (v3.0.1) that came out on Oct 22nd. I just downloaded NST yesterday (Nov 3rd) - does anyone know if this is incorporated into the new NST already?

As for the problem I'm having, if anyone can suggest what may be at fault, I would really appreciate it. I am using free version NST on a win2k/exchange server with 10 specific email addresses being checked, and it always worked with the earlier version. I installed NST over top of the v1.2.5.2 as suggested by the upgrade docs. All of the config looks ok. The logs at first showed the license quota being exceeded but I think I figured that one out. The addition of the new filter chain with the ability to check for viruses first, seems to have caused that. I had 10 addresses specified in the SA filter but nothing in the earlier virus (attachment) filter. By putting my addresses in the first filter and then choosing "use previous filter" in the SA filter settings, this seems to have resolved the license overrun. But no change to the original problem -- H..E..L..P..!!
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: service stops for no reason?
Next Topic: extra port usage?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 25 03:24:57 CEST 2016