Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Feature Requests » Can we put the Attachment filter after the virus filter?
Can we put the Attachment filter after the virus filter? [message #181] Tue, 17 July 2007 19:07 Go to previous message
James Wilkinson
Hi there.

I've been playing around with the virus filter and it seems to be working fine.

Except that if a message has a virus in it, I want it to be rejected. I don't want the empty hulk to be delivered to my recipients.

The attachment filter is preventing this (I've set it to block attachments, not reject/delete the whole message). If it strips the virus out of the message, then the virus filter won't find the virus (obviously) and the message is delivered.

If I could set the virus filter to run before the attachment filter, then this would work fine -- known viruses would be rejected, and other attachments would be removed but the rest of the e-mail would be forwarded.

But when I try to move the attachment filter later in the order, I'm told that this is disabled for performance reasons. I've got a reasonably powerful mail server, and don't care.

Am I likely to break anything if I re-order myself? Could the "denied for performance reasons" boxes be changed into a dialog, so administrators can over-ride them?

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DNSBL Filter IP Whitelist
Next Topic: Filterausnahmeliste und Whitelist ohne AV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 27 12:51:03 CEST 2016