Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » No Spam Today vs Barracuda?
No Spam Today vs Barracuda? [message #1462] Mon, 19 June 2006 19:15
I currently have a cluster of 2 Barracuda 600's acting as my spam proxy. I use LDAP and clustering support to ensure that users are in sync and each Barracuda is in sync with each other. I have about 12,000 users that I'm scanning mail for.

Barracuda's customer service really ticked me off the other day, and now I'm looking for a better solution. Thought of moving to a pure SpamAssassin solution, but we're a Windows shop primarily and adding a Linux box is a bit out of our area of expertise.

Then I found No Spam Today! for Servers and thought that I may have a solution. Playing around with the demo, and it looks like I'll need to find a different solution for LDAP support and clustering, but it may actually do what I need it to.

My question is, has anyone here moved from a Barracuda Networks device to No Spam Today! or SpamAssassin in general? If so, how was the move? Can No Spam Today! take care of the traffic that we will see with 12,000 users (750,000 messages a day or so). Is there a different solution I should be looking at?

Read Message
Previous Topic: SMTP Address Cache?
Next Topic: What is "pass through mode"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 13:15:38 CEST 2016