Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » 3 newbie questions
3 newbie questions [message #1355] Sat, 04 February 2006 08:33 Go to previous message
I'm evaling the software, just downloaded tonight and so far so good. I have three fairly basic questions, I've browsed around and have not found a good answer yet. I'm still checking things out and may figure it out but thought I'd ask...

1) I have an Exchange 5.5 server (yes, old) and I'm running NST on the same box. I only want to block SPAM for 5 addresses, but there are about 60 addresses on the box. Before I purchase, I want to make sure I can do this (unless there is a free version that is locked for less than 10). Can I configure it to scan and block SPAM for the 5 addresses and just pass the rest?

2) I'm not totally clear on the scoring of SPAM. What is the range of the scores that are possible? If there is a page I can be sent to for reference that would be fine.

3) Updating the master config from the Quick Start Filter. Can I just update a text file somewhere, is it the Local.CF, rather than going through the wizard?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stuck with 100% CPU utilization
Next Topic: SMTP Service goes down... why?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 20 21:36:48 CEST 2016