Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Home Talk » AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus
AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus [message #2092] Wed, 09 March 2005 03:30 Go to next message
Alton Newman
NSTfW 1.0.6.2
AVG 7.0.308

Until recently, my No Spam Today! for Workstations has worked fine with AVG 7.0, but suddenly after an AVG update, they refuse to work together. Each will work seperately, but not simultaneaously.

Anyone had this probem? How do I fix it?
Re: AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus [message #2093 is a reply to message #2092] Mon, 14 March 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
support
Alton Newman wrote:

> NSTfW 1.0.6.2
> AVG 7.0.308
>
> Until recently, my No Spam Today! for Workstations has worked
> fine with AVG 7.0, but suddenly after an AVG update, they
> refuse to work together. Each will work seperately, but not
> simultaneaously.
>
> Anyone had this probem? How do I fix it?

What exactly happens when you have both running ?
Did you already contact the AVG support ?

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus [message #2094 is a reply to message #2092] Wed, 30 March 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alton Newman
Windows XP, SP2
NSTfW 1.0.6.2
AVG 7.0.308

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'TexasPepper', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I get this error when running NSTfW and AVG 7.0. The error occurs about midway during "Receiving list of messages from server..." and before "Receiving message x of xx". It doesn't take long for the error to occur, even though my inactivity timeout has been extended.

After about 4 hours from NSTfW being started and OE automatically downloading messages about every 15 minutes, I start getting the same error - except right away, no attempt to even get a list of messages. At this point, I must stop and restart NSTfW.

Because of the second error type, I think that there is something wrong with NSTfW.
Re: AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus [message #2095 is a reply to message #2094] Thu, 31 March 2005 17:38 Go to previous message
support
Please enable detailed logging, and send us the logs at nstsupport@byteplant.com.

You could also try and download the trial of version 2.x of NoSpamToday!, and see if it behaves differently.

But beware: backup your configuration files and the SpamAssassin Bayes database, because downgrading from SpamAssassin 3.0 to 2.64 is not possible.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Thunderbird with NST gives error when copying to sent folder
Next Topic: Speed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 23:17:17 CET 2016