Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Home Talk » Stopped working with Norton +OK ### Octets
Stopped working with Norton +OK ### Octets [message #2067] Sat, 11 December 2004 02:33
noonespecial
Hi,
I have had NoSpamToday and Norton AntiVirus for quite a while.

A couple days ago Norton LiveUpdate downloaded a Norton AntiVirus patch. Since then, my email does not work with both NoSpamToday and Norton AntiVirus both on.

If I turn off NoSpamToday for the account, Outlook Express gets the email just fine. If I turn off Norton AntiVirus incoming email scanning, but leave NoSpamToday on, it also works for Outlook Express.

I am running Win98.

The message I get looks like:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '______', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 2958 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Please help, and thanks to anyone that helps or at least mentions they have started getting same problem in the past few days (Dec10,2004)
Re: Stopped working with Norton +OK ### Octets [message #2068 is a reply to message #2067] Sat, 11 December 2004 20:35 Go to previous message
noonespecial
The problem has gone away after another Norton AntiVirus LiveUpdate updated the Norton "Core", so I guess Norton received a lot of complaints.
Previous Topic: Custom Configuration For Each Mail Account
Next Topic: NoSpamToday! for Workstations Version 2.0 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 03:57:20 CET 2016