Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » message not in storage
message not in storage [message #1989] Sat, 25 April 2009 15:21
Cykelsmeden
The second I have to ask is, how I get messages in storage?

When I look at the report, I sometime would like to "Learn As HAM/SPAM"

However trying to do anything except black/whitelist in that contextmenu, I'm told "no message in storage"

To my own knowledge, I've set 10.000 k/a bunch of messages and a delay of 3 days (defaultvalues) in the "Mailstorage-" filter which reside in the top of the list.

finn
Re: message not in storage [message #1990 is a reply to message #1989] Mon, 27 April 2009 11:57 Go to previous message
support
> When I look at the report, I sometime would like to "Learn As
> HAM/SPAM"
>
> However trying to do anything except black/whitelist in that
> contextmenu, I'm told "no message in storage"
>
> To my own knowledge, I've set 10.000 k/a bunch of messages and
> a delay of 3 days (defaultvalues) in the "Mailstorage-" filter
> which reside in the top of the list.

The mail log file and the mail storage have different settings. To see which files are indeed in storage, you can switch the data source of the report between the mail log file and the mail storage.

Also, the mail log file has a record of all mail transfers, whereas the mail storage may not store all files, depending on its position in the filtering pipeline.

Blacklisting/Whitelisting will always work, because the mail log file stores the sender and recipient addresses. Learning messages requires the complete message, so a copy needs to reside in the mail storage.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: message not in storage [message #1991 is a reply to message #1989] Thu, 30 April 2009 12:20 Go to previous message
Cykelsmeden

Blacklisting/Whitelisting will always work, because the mail log file stores the sender and recipient addresses. Learning messages requires the complete message, so a copy needs to reside in the mail storage.

Well, I didn't express myself clearly Smile
I did understand this, so my question is in fact: "How exactly do I enable Mail Storage"?

I was of the impression, that I have enabled mailstorage, but apearently I have not ;(
I've run the wizard several times, mostly accepting default values, but I have still no mailstorage.

finn

Re: message not in storage [message #1992 is a reply to message #1991] Thu, 07 May 2009 17:12 Go to previous message
support
To create a mail storage, choose "Filter Setup" -> "Add Mail Storage".

If you want to archive all incoming mails, move the Mail Storage to the first position of the filter pipeline.

Post Edited (05-08-09 19:18)

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: proxy transparency
Next Topic: SpamToday 3.2.2.2 "No buffer space available"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 19:28:49 CET 2016