Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Admin Panel hangs
Admin Panel hangs [message #1906] Thu, 31 January 2008 11:49
freddyKrueger
Hello,
admin panel hangs after switching the data source to Maiilstorage in the Report Window.

There are 50.000 Mails stored, looks like NTFS and NST are not able to handle such amounts off mails.
With a max. of how many mails, does the report windows work on mailstorage without crashing ?
Re: Admin Panel hangs [message #1907 is a reply to message #1906] Thu, 31 January 2008 14:15 Go to previous message
support
Indexing 50000+ mails may take a few minutes, perhaps you just need a little more patience.

The memory needed shouldn't exceed the cacpacity of a modern PC system, but reading the headers of 50000 mails takes its time, especially when the files are stored on a network share.

We will add the option to cancel the operation in a future version.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Admin Panel hangs [message #1908 is a reply to message #1907] Thu, 31 January 2008 15:22 Go to previous message
freddyKrueger
No,
i've already been waiting for over 24 hours.

But the format off the files in the mailstorage changed in the new version.
So i just deleted all those old files and there are only a few thousands now.

But the Admin Console hangs when i switch to mail storage in the Report Windows immediatly.
Should i delete all files from the storage dir and have a new try ?
Re: Admin Panel hangs [message #1909 is a reply to message #1908] Fri, 01 February 2008 11:07 Go to previous message
support
A few thousand files should be managable within a reasonable time, so maybe there is some other problem involved here, though I have no idea what it might be.

As this feature is rather new, let's hear if there are other people with the same problem, and maybe then it will be possible to find the reason.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Admin Panel hangs [message #1910 is a reply to message #1909] Fri, 01 February 2008 11:49 Go to previous message
freddyKrueger
Did the format realy change ?
Older Version: msg files
New Version: eml and envelope files

When i tried to open one mail via report tab/Message/Open Message
the Default Mail-Client off the OS ( W2003Server) apeared.
Off course i closed this annoying application at once without configuring anything, ....
Could this be the reason ?

Re: Admin Panel hangs [message #1911 is a reply to message #1906] Mon, 04 February 2008 14:34 Go to previous message
James Wilkinson
What sort of anti-virus scanning are you running on this computer? Is there any chance that there's something in among those mails that the anti-virus doesn't like (either malware, or something with a weird attachment)?

Can you set the anti-virus scanning *not* to check this directory?

Previous Topic: NoSpamToday service stopped
Next Topic: whitelist country
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 06:53:44 CEST 2016