Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Increasing Whitelist - Score
Increasing Whitelist - Score [message #1865] Mon, 03 December 2007 16:00
Life11235
I just upgraded from an older version and it seems the whitelist system has changed significantly. Previously it was handled as part of the spam assassin filter, and now it seems to be independant of that.

Alot of senders are now showing up as potential spam, and when looking at it, it seems that the AWL only adds a score value of -2.5 instead of the previous -100. So now even people that are whitelisted are getting rejected.

What can I do to increase the score adjustment for whitelisted senders?
Re: Increasing Whitelist - Score [message #1866 is a reply to message #1865] Mon, 03 December 2007 20:35 Go to previous message
support
> I just upgraded from an older version and it seems the
> whitelist system has changed significantly. Previously it was
> handled as part of the spam assassin filter, and now it seems
> to be independant of that.

Your "old" whitelist is still part of the SpamAssassin ruleset, you will find it in the local.cf file. It continues to work with the same scores as before. The "old" whitelist is no longer available for configuration in the admin application.

The new whitelist is applied to all filters (with the exception of anti-virus and attachment blocker). It doesn't use the SpamAssassin scoring system, a mail whitelisted by the new whitelist is delivered as is, without invoking SpamAssassin at all.
>
> Alot of senders are now showing up as potential spam, and when
> looking at it, it seems that the AWL only adds a score value of
> -2.5 instead of the previous -100. So now even people that are
> whitelisted are getting rejected.
>
> What can I do to increase the score adjustment for whitelisted
> senders?

You shouldn't mess with SpamAssassin's auto-whitelist (AWL), it might work in ways quite different from what you expect. Consult the SpamAssassin wiki for details:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Help please (URGENT)
Next Topic: MIME Violations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 03:57:38 CET 2016