Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Why the reversion to 3.1.7?
Why the reversion to 3.1.7? [message #1753] Fri, 06 July 2007 11:31
James Wilkinson
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me why NoSpamToday reverted to SA version 3.1.7? I've been impressed with 3.2. Is it permanent, or is there a known problem that needs to be fixed?

Talking of known bugs, I presume that NoSpamToday isn't vulnerable to CVE-2007-0451 (malformed HTML crashing SpamAssassin 3.1.7 and earlier)?

Thanks,

James
Re: Why the reversion to 3.1.7? [message #1754 is a reply to message #1753] Fri, 06 July 2007 12:54 Go to previous message
support
James Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone tell me why NoSpamToday reverted to SA version
> 3.1.7? I've been impressed with 3.2. Is it permanent, or is
> there a known problem that needs to be fixed?
>
> Talking of known bugs, I presume that NoSpamToday isn't
> vulnerable to CVE-2007-0451 (malformed HTML crashing
> SpamAssassin 3.1.7 and earlier)?

Yes. There are several small bugs with SpamAssassin version 3.2 under Windows, among other things SpamAssassin tends to loose temporary files in the system temp directory in some installations. We were unable to fix these problems without discontinuing support for Windows NT.

We did not revert to version 3.1.8, because this version has a severe problem with linebreaks, resulting in malformed mails.

SpamAssassin 3.1.7 was a proven and stable build, so there weren't many choices.

It seems SpamAssassin 3.1 is still supported by the SpamAssassin community, and we are investigating version 3.1.9 if it might work.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Newbie setup problem?
Next Topic: Freeware
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 24 22:54:15 CEST 2016