Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » 550 Recipient rejected
550 Recipient rejected [message #1712] Tue, 22 May 2007 19:10
gloerick
Hello,

I am trying to find out why when my customers send out to some addresses that NST replies with 550 Recipient rejected when the sender in my customer "settings are correct" and the Recipient is a yahoo or other address.

Why would NST stop the mail from going out ? it is not like it is trying to deliver the message to it's own server where it would make sence that it would get rejected.

Thank You
Erick

Re: 550 Recipient rejected [message #1713 is a reply to message #1712] Thu, 24 May 2007 11:57 Go to previous message
support
gloerick wrote:

> I am trying to find out why when my customers send out to some
> addresses that NST replies with 550 Recipient rejected when the
> sender in my customer "settings are correct" and the Recipient
> is a yahoo or other address.
>
> Why would NST stop the mail from going out ? it is not like it
> is trying to deliver the message to it's own server where it
> would make sence that it would get rejected.

Your mail setup should not accept mails for relaying, unless the mail is submitted by an authenticated user, otherwise you get an open relay that can be misused by spammers.

Your mail server probably has a list of trusted hosts. Users submitting messages from these hosts are allowed to relay. NST must not be on this list, because NST also passes mails from the Internet to your mail server.

For this reason all outbound mail submitted by NST to your mail server must be rejected, either by NST or by your mail server. Of course, if the SMTP session is authenticated, your mail server may choose to accept the message.

In summary, don't pass your outgoing mail through NST, have your mail client connect directly to your mail server. There is no need to check outgoing mail anyway.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Seit Update auf 3.0.21
Next Topic: log bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 18:53:28 CEST 2016