Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » SMTP Proxy error
SMTP Proxy error [message #1656] Fri, 16 March 2007 16:04
Anonymous
Hi there,
In the end of installation of NoSpamToday on a new server, I get this error:

"SMTP Proxy: Your setup accepts outbound recipients addresses in an unauthenticated SMTP session.
This is strong indication for an open relay. Please refer to the manual for configuration hints."

Incoming IP is my nospamtoday server IP on port 25. outgoing IP is my mailserver. I choose just one IP adres of my interfaces, the test goes wel, I recieved my test on my admin account. I can find anything special in manual!
what do I wrong?!
please help!

and thanks
Re: SMTP Proxy error [message #1657 is a reply to message #1656] Fri, 16 March 2007 19:05 Go to previous message
support
> "SMTP Proxy: Your setup accepts outbound recipients addresses
> in an unauthenticated SMTP session.
> This is strong indication for an open relay. Please refer to
> the manual for configuration hints."

This is a serious problem. If you do not change your configuration, your server can be misused by spammers, and it will very soon be listed in the open relay blacklists.

Configure NoSpamToday! to accept mail only for recipients in your domain(s), or change your mail server configuration in a way that mail coming from NST is not relayed.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: SMTP Proxy error [message #1658 is a reply to message #1656] Tue, 20 March 2007 11:43 Go to previous message
Anonymous
The exchange server is protected. I've test it. But we have in Internet mail services, some relays in as Routing. it that the problem?
thanks for your help!
star-pak
Re: SMTP Proxy error [message #1659 is a reply to message #1656] Mon, 16 April 2007 21:51 Go to previous message
thisbejoe7
Its recommended to set accepted recipients at the NST level rather than just rely on your Exchange relay protection. It can be a pain maintaining two levels of relay control, but until you add an address pattern to the open relay control filter, you will get that error, as NST thinks it will accept mail for anyone.

Thanks...
Previous Topic: relay problem
Next Topic: negative scores
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 27 19:14:45 CEST 2016