Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » SMTP Address Cache?
SMTP Address Cache? [message #1460] Thu, 08 June 2006 18:32
rjacobson
I am testing NST as a gateway before our exchange server. I tried sending a piece of mail through NST to a non-existent address in our exchange server and it was denied with "Unable to relay". I then added the address to my exchange server and have verified that exchange will now accept that address, but every time I try to send to that address through NST it still gives me the "Unable to relay" error. Does spamassassin or NST have a bad address cache that would have cached this relay error?
Re: SMTP Address Cache? [message #1461 is a reply to message #1460] Fri, 09 June 2006 10:05 Go to previous message
support
NoSpamToday! is a transparent proxy, and not a store-and-forward proxy.
The unable to relay error appears is generated by Exchange when both the recipient address is not local, and when the MTA (mail transfer agent) transmitting the messsage is not local. This is quite as it should be, because otherwise you would have an open relay that could be misused by spammers.

In short: The unable to relay message is created by Exchange. Make Exchange accept the new address as a local address. (is the domain part of the address in the list of local domains? is the account configured properly?)

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: No Dot
Next Topic: No Spam Today vs Barracuda?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 12:47:56 CET 2016