Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » new version - when?
new version - when? [message #810] Sun, 08 August 2004 00:32
Mark Haller

Hi there,

Just a quick question - and I won't hold you to the answer!

When is the version 2.0 beta testing expected and what great new features should we look forward to?

A hint would be good, even if you cannot go into details! We are prepared to help out in beta testing, if required!

Regards

Mark Haller
LogicSpot
UK
Re: new version - when? [message #811 is a reply to message #810] Thu, 12 August 2004 09:29 Go to previous message
Mark Haller

Hi there -

Is there any chance of a reply to this sometime soon? Sorry to bug you guys, I know you're busy .... but I'm on day 10 of a 30 day trial, and if I can't get this thing working within the next 20 days, it's probably not going to be purchased in its current setup ... which is a shame as we're a premium Biz Partner for Lotus and IBM in the UK and could promote this.

NST just seems a great tool but greatly lacking in sooo many areas to become a viable product for us to use and to tout to others - and it's not the functionality of the core engine, as that is tracking and blocking SPAM like nobody's business, it's the fluff around the edges - maintenance of the system (apart from a wizard with about 20 fields on about 5 pages), live logging, setup of the engine to tweak and tune it to suit a client's environment (for instance, to allow shouting for customers who are principally Asian suppliers to one of our clients ... I'm gonna have to read half the SPAMAssassin's website, which to be honest, if I was a true geek, I'm sure it would make a lot more sense, but I neither know Linux nor Unix (apart from Uni many many years ago!) even though I'm on the PC stupid hours per day, so most of it goes straight over my head!

I'm not asking for a re-write of the system, I'm just looking for pointers - we can do all the rest of the work here ourselves. I guess the real support team put their hours in to paying customers, but then it's a catch 22 ... if I don't see that support have the answers or the tool is up to the job, I'm not going to dig into the pocket!

I have guys here, including myself, who are willing to put the hours in to make this product work for us, which will mean a full turnkey solution to sell NST onto Lotus Notes/Domino houses.

Hmmm. bit of a rant, apologies!

Mark
Re: new version - when? [message #812 is a reply to message #810] Fri, 13 August 2004 09:52 Go to previous message
support
We will make an announcement regarding NoSpamToday! 2.0 next week, including a list of new features, proposed release and beta test dates, and licensing information.

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Monitor LIVE
Next Topic: SMTP internals?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 03:23:48 CET 2016