Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » lots of spamassassin.exe causes cpu 100%
lots of spamassassin.exe causes cpu 100% [message #724] Mon, 23 March 2009 12:51
MBSA
Hi,

We have upgrade our NST to version 3.2.1.2 and since then the CPU load of the mailserver reaches 100%. When I check the processes running, it seems that several spamassassin.exe processes (>10) are consuming a lot CPU time.

Our overall configuration of the NST has not been changed since the previous version. I took screenshots before the upgrade and compared it with the configuration afterwards.

These are the filters :

Mail Storage
Blacklist
Attachment Filter
DNSBL Filter
Delay Filter
Spamassassin

I have already decreased the simultaneous connections but that does not seem to help.

What could be causing this ?

Thank you,
M

Re: lots of spamassassin.exe causes cpu 100% [message #725 is a reply to message #724] Mon, 23 March 2009 18:13 Go to previous message
support
If you upgraded from version 3.1.4.2 or older, the problem can be that client/server filtering is disabled by default since version 3.1.5.1.

Check the client/server setting in the SpamAssassin filter setup dialog (you need to enable the "advanced options" checkbox).

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: lots of spamassassin.exe causes cpu 100% [message #726 is a reply to message #724] Tue, 24 March 2009 09:21 Go to previous message
MBSA
Thank you : it worked.

However, after enabling the client/server filter I could not start the NST-service. I had to reboot the server. But everything is OK now.

Kind Regards,
M

Previous Topic: SpamAssassin and Sendmail
Next Topic: NST 3.1.4.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:57:16 CET 2016