Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » Start a new Bayes database
Start a new Bayes database [message #479] Tue, 02 May 2006 17:28
RandallRash
Almost everything that comes in gets a Bayes_99 score with 4.4 points, so we basically have our current SPAM threshold set at 6.0. It is not easy to manually "train" the database because of the fact that we use Microsoft Outlook and can't just send the captured messages to train the database. (I know about the MBOX converters and all but who has time?) I want to completely restart the Bayse database which probably has a lot of SPAM marked as HAM from the past when we were trying to get rules set correctly. Is this correct or has the EXPIRY function already weeded out the old entries? Thanks.
Re: Start a new Bayes database [message #480 is a reply to message #479] Wed, 03 May 2006 17:59 Go to previous message
support
RandallRash wrote:

> Almost everything that comes in gets a Bayes_99 score with 4.4
> points, so we basically have our current SPAM threshold set at
> 6.0. It is not easy to manually "train" the database because of
> the fact that we use Microsoft Outlook and can't just send the
> captured messages to train the database. (I know about the MBOX
> converters and all but who has time?) I want to completely
> restart the Bayse database which probably has a lot of SPAM
> marked as HAM from the past when we were trying to get rules
> set correctly. Is this correct or has the EXPIRY function
> already weeded out the old entries? Thanks.

To completely reset the Bayes database, simply delete all files from the "db" subdirectory.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Start a new Bayes database [message #481 is a reply to message #479] Thu, 04 May 2006 01:57 Go to previous message
Heidner
If your mail server supports IMAP to communicate with the Outlook clients -- you could create some public mail folders on the mail server. Then just have the mail users copy, or drag and drop the spam into your public spam folder. I provided a utility in the contributed library portion of this forum that will read from the public folder and train spam assassin. The utility includes sample scripts (.bat) files that you can run several times a day to learn both ham and spam. Once you set it up -- its pretty much hands off....
Previous Topic: RBL servers
Next Topic: Block specific foreign countries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 01:17:41 CET 2016