Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » Where should I change the scores?
Where should I change the scores? [message #373] Thu, 25 August 2005 07:10
iyuvalk
Messages: 26
Registered: December 2004
Junior Member
Hi!


I tried to write my custom "score" commands in the "user_prefs" file (BTW: should it have a .cf extentsion? mine doesn't have any extentsion) and I suspect that those configurations are not processed, so I moved them to the "local.cf" file, should it work that way?

Another issue is that many emails that we receive are detected by the "BAYES_99" rule, some of them are in hebrew, could that be the reason?


Thanks,
Yuval Khalifa.


P.S
Just an idea that I thought about recently:
I received a spam email that was created in a way that will confuse the bayes filter by adding many words at the bottom but in order to hide them, the spammer wrote them using a light gray colour ("#E2E2E2"), maybe it's possible to instruct the SpamAssassin to look for hidden text, and if it finds some, it can indicate that the message is spam...
Re: Where should I change the scores? [message #374 is a reply to message #373] Fri, 26 August 2005 11:31 Go to previous message
support
Messages: 919
Registered: April 2004
Senior Member
iyuvalk wrote:

> I tried to write my custom "score" commands in the "user_prefs"
> file (BTW: should it have a .cf extentsion? mine doesn't have
> any extentsion) and I suspect that those configurations are not
> processed, so I moved them to the "local.cf" file, should it
> work that way?

Yes. Please put all your changes into the local.cf file.

> Another issue is that many emails that we receive are detected
> by the "BAYES_99" rule, some of them are in hebrew, could that
> be the reason?

Maybe. It depends on what mails were previously teached as spam
(either manually through sa-learn or by auto-learning).

> P.S
> Just an idea that I thought about recently:
> I received a spam email that was created in a way that will
> confuse the bayes filter by adding many words at the bottom but
> in order to hide them, the spammer wrote them using a light
> gray colour ("#E2E2E2"), maybe it's possible to instruct the
> SpamAssassin to look for hidden text, and if it finds some, it
> can indicate that the message is spam...

This is already part of the standard SpamAssassin ruleset.



Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Re-education problem
Next Topic: how can I tell filter effectiveness?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 04 00:50:00 CET 2016