Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Want to Relay for authenticate users
Want to Relay for authenticate users [message #920] Mon, 06 December 2004 03:54
plipnick
I need to be able to allow users to relay if they authenticate. I have users that need to use outlook remotely. With No Spam Today on it will allow them to send to a user in the domain, however if they try to send mail though the server to an email address out side the domain they get a reply back that can relay. If I turn off No Spam Today it works fine.
Please Help

Phil Lipnick

Phil
Re: Want to Relay for authenticate users [message #921 is a reply to message #920] Mon, 06 December 2004 11:00 Go to previous message
support
The answer to this question depends on which mail server software you are using, and how it is configured.

In principle, all you have to do is configure your mail server to block unautenthicated relaying for the IP address NoSpamToday! is using, but to still allow relaying if a session is authenticated.

Then disable NoSpamToday!'s relay protection, and it should work.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Want to Relay for authenticate users [message #922 is a reply to message #920] Tue, 07 December 2004 01:41 Go to previous message
plipnick
I am using Exchange on Small Business Server 2003.

How do I disable the relay protection on NoSpamToday?

In the User guide it says that trusted users should hit the exchange server and bypass the NoSpamToday. I am using a firewall. What ports need to be opened to get Outlook to connect to the server?

I set up NoSpamToday on port 25 and exchange on port 26.

Thanks
Phil

Phil
Re: Want to Relay for authenticate users [message #923 is a reply to message #922] Tue, 07 December 2004 14:44 Go to previous message
support
> I am using Exchange on Small Business Server 2003.
>
> How do I disable the relay protection on NoSpamToday?

Just leave the setting empty.
>
> In the User guide it says that trusted users should hit the
> exchange server and bypass the NoSpamToday. I am using a
> firewall. What ports need to be opened to get Outlook to
> connect to the server?
>
> I set up NoSpamToday on port 25 and exchange on port 26.

In this case, open port 26 for your users, and have them reconfigure their SMTP settings to connect to port 26 when sending mail.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Want to Relay for authenticate users [message #924 is a reply to message #920] Wed, 08 December 2004 18:03 Go to previous message
plipnick
I have been though the setting and I don't see a way to allow the relay.
Please let me know were this setting is.

Phil

Phil
Re: Want to Relay for authenticate users [message #925 is a reply to message #924] Wed, 08 December 2004 18:41 Go to previous message
support
In the NoSpamToday! admin applet, open the SMTP proxy setup wizard.

On the 4th page, leave the "Recipient Addresses" setting empty.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Daily Admin Mail
Next Topic: Can I customize output log?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 17:08:41 CEST 2016