Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » whitelist limit?
whitelist limit? [message #658] Tue, 13 July 2004 02:56
McKee
I have a new client with tons of customers, all of whom should never have their mail bounced. I've extracted a long whitelist and implemented, but now I've got problems where spam checking is being disabled where it shouldn't, and not where it should.

Any known problems in this area? Not so great- causing a lot of support calls today re: NoSPAMToday....
Re: whitelist limit? [message #659 is a reply to message #658] Tue, 13 July 2004 10:28 Go to previous message
support
There is a misunderstanding. The whitelist is checked by SpamAssassin, not by the SMTP Proxy. So all whitelisted From: addresses will be spam-checked. White-listed users get a spam score bonus of -100.0 spam points, so their mail will never be tagged SPAM.

If you see "spam check disabled" entries in the log, it could be that you exceeded your license, or that the recipient address is not on the "Restrict spam checking to" address list.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: whitelist limit? [message #660 is a reply to message #659] Tue, 19 September 2006 20:36 Go to previous message
the_stranger
So, is there a limit to the number of addresses that will work in the white list?
Re: whitelist limit? [message #661 is a reply to message #660] Wed, 20 September 2006 09:34 Go to previous message
support
the_stranger wrote:

> So, is there a limit to the number of addresses that will work
> in the white list?

The is no hard limit but you should keep the whitelist and
blacklist as small as possible for performance reasons.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Block email containing a specific link ?
Next Topic: SpamCopURI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 26 17:34:42 CEST 2016