Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » Nazi-Mails via Sober.P
Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #538] Tue, 17 May 2005 13:28
schubo
Hi all,

any ideas, how i can get the Sober.P (WM-Mail) generated Nazi-Mails filtered ?
even though i had NST learn almost any of them, they still keep coming in.
Quite embarassing.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
Markus
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #539 is a reply to message #538] Tue, 17 May 2005 14:31 Go to previous message
support
We learned some 250 messages this morning, and it seemed to work for us, with only a few of these messages occasionallygetting through. The auto-whitelist can be a problem, reducing scores unnecessarily until the bonus has worn off.

Google found me a ruleset that might also help:

http://mailscanner.prolocation.net/german.cf

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #540 is a reply to message #538] Wed, 18 May 2005 01:10 Go to previous message
itchy
How would you go about applying this german.cf in nospamtoday. I've put the file into sa/ruleset. then I tried this: sa\spamassassin.exe -x -c sa\ruleset -D < >out 2>err

but the score is always the same. Am I doing this wrong. I have tried makeing nospamtoday learn from the messages but they are still coming through.

Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #541 is a reply to message #540] Wed, 18 May 2005 11:38 Go to previous message
support
> How would you go about applying this german.cf in
> nospamtoday. I've put the file into sa/ruleset. then I tried
> this: sa\spamassassin.exe -x -c sa\ruleset -D < > file> >out 2>err
>
> but the score is always the same. Am I doing this wrong. I
> have tried makeing nospamtoday learn from the messages but they
> are still coming through.

By all accounts this should work. Was the message in RFC-822 format? How did you collect this sample message? Did you use a mail storage filter, or a mail client capable of exporting mail messages in RFC-822 format (Outlook won't do!)?

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #542 is a reply to message #538] Wed, 18 May 2005 17:28 Go to previous message
ScubaCat
I copied that file into sa/ruleset and restarted the service.. it's catching them all.
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #543 is a reply to message #542] Wed, 18 May 2005 18:29 Go to previous message
itchy
ok...what editor did you use.....i used notepad....does that matter??
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #544 is a reply to message #538] Wed, 18 May 2005 18:47 Go to previous message
ScubaCat
I don't know if it matters or not but I always use Textpad..
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #545 is a reply to message #544] Mon, 23 May 2005 08:04 Go to previous message
Dave Camenisch
@itchy:

Check the name of the ruleset "german.cf". Does it end with ".cf"?
I had to rename it first from "german.cf.txt" to "german.cf" after downloading.

-- Dave
Re: Nazi-Mails via Sober.P [message #546 is a reply to message #538] Sun, 12 June 2005 21:02 Go to previous message
ScubaCat
That's because you edited it in Notepad, I'll bet..
Previous Topic: language ok
Next Topic: Un-Learn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 27 15:46:56 CEST 2016