Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » AWL -- Help!
AWL -- Help! [message #492] Tue, 28 February 2006 15:10
joshuastarr
Hey, I have a bunch of email addresses defined in the local.cf like:

whitelist_from *@joshstarr.com

The problem is, it simply reduces the message scoring by a small amount. I want Spam Assassin to not filter messages FROM these users AT ALL. How can I do that? I want it to simply route the message onward without filtering it at all if it originates from a user defined in the whitelist_from

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua

Post Edited (02-28-06 15:10)
Re: AWL -- Help! [message #493 is a reply to message #492] Wed, 01 March 2006 00:23 Go to previous message
Heidner
The easiest way is to use NST, configuration, Spamassassin, click advanced options, then uncheck the "Use Same Address Settings as Previous Filter" and add the e-mail addresses that you want on a permanent white list into the box "Address patterns to disable filter".

Remember that if you have any other NST filters following the SpamAssassin filter - they will adopt the same rules as you have just setup.

The entries on a white list are given -100 points.... which should mean that they will always make it through EVEN if they are spam.
Re: AWL -- Help! [message #494 is a reply to message #493] Wed, 01 March 2006 14:21 Go to previous message
joshuastarr
Thanks, I really appreciate your insightful response! I went ahead and activated it the way you said. I assume that wildcards will work as well?

ie: *@joshstarr.com

Thanks again!
Re: AWL -- Help! [message #495 is a reply to message #494] Thu, 02 March 2006 09:27 Go to previous message
support
joshuastarr wrote:

> Thanks, I really appreciate your insightful response! I went
> ahead and activated it the way you said. I assume that
> wildcards will work as well?
>
> ie: *@joshstarr.com
>
>
> Thanks again!

Yes, wildcards will of course work.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: How do I know that Bayes is working?
Next Topic: emails containing only one .jpg picture...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 28 00:20:21 CEST 2016