Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » DEAR_SOMETHING Rule
DEAR_SOMETHING Rule [message #470] Wed, 31 May 2006 12:49
Mehmet
As a law firm, we frequently use formal letters within our emails. No Spam today marks any email with 1.6 pts when Dear is used within an email. We have set our Spamassasin to 2.0 points to be considered spam. Can this be edited or deleted somehow.

Many thanks.

Re: DEAR_SOMETHING Rule [message #471 is a reply to message #470] Thu, 01 June 2006 11:36 Go to previous message
support
> As a law firm, we frequently use formal letters within our
> emails. No Spam today marks any email with 1.6 pts when Dear is
> used within an email. We have set our Spamassasin to 2.0 points
> to be considered spam. Can this be edited or deleted somehow.

Please edit the 50_scores.cf file in the sa\ruleset directory and replace this line
score DEAR_SOMETHING 1.605 1.612 1.901 2.100
by
score DEAR_SOMETHING 0

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: DEAR_SOMETHING Rule [message #472 is a reply to message #471] Thu, 01 June 2006 12:24 Go to previous message
Mehmet
Dear Support,

We have edited this rule, however at the top of the rule it specifically states that any changes will be overwritten by future updates. Would we need to go and change this rule everytime a new update is made, or can we store this rule locally for permanent use.

Thanks.

Re: DEAR_SOMETHING Rule [message #473 is a reply to message #472] Thu, 01 June 2006 18:17 Go to previous message
support
> We have edited this rule, however at the top of the rule it
> specifically states that any changes will be overwritten by
> future updates. Would we need to go and change this rule
> everytime a new update is made, or can we store this rule
> locally for permanent use.

To make this change durable, you should add a
score DEAR_SOMETHING 0
line to your local.cf file.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: DEAR_SOMETHING Rule [message #474 is a reply to message #470] Sun, 04 June 2006 02:00 Go to previous message
Heidner
Where should the local.cf file be kept? In ./SA/Rules ?

Also I believe everytime I've installed a NST update, the local.cf file is replaced. Is that correct.
Re: DEAR_SOMETHING Rule [message #475 is a reply to message #474] Mon, 05 June 2006 13:49 Go to previous message
support
Heidner wrote:

> Where should the local.cf file be kept? In ./SA/Rules ?

There is already a local.cf file in the SA\ruleset subdirectory of the installation.

> Also I believe everytime I've installed a NST update, the
> local.cf file is replaced. Is that correct.

The local.cf file is where the SpamAssassin settings are stored. When updating to a new version, this file is one of the few files that is NOT replaced.

Be careful, however, if you edit the local.cf file with a text editor, and run the SpamAssassin filter settings dialog at the same time. For example, it can happen that you inadvertently overwrite changes you just made with the text editor by commiting changes from the settings dialog.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Can I stop these?
Next Topic: Handling YahooGroups messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 26 02:13:55 CEST 2016