Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » Problem with Particular email
Problem with Particular email [message #414] Fri, 24 November 2006 17:43
Kristiaan_d
Hello all,
first time on the forum, and i am looking for some helpful information.

our company is getting en-mass a lot of spam in the form of

Picture (which is embedded into the email)

Mass amount of random text at the end.

i have spend DAYS training spam filter to pickup these messages etc and it never seems to stop them is it possbile to stop them? i can provide a sample of the email or a screenshot on request if needed.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
kris
Re: Problem with Particular email [message #415 is a reply to message #414] Sat, 25 November 2006 01:13 Go to previous message
Heidner
You should be able to adjust the rules for NST and Spamassissin to filter most of them out.
Re: Problem with Particular email [message #416 is a reply to message #415] Mon, 27 November 2006 16:15 Go to previous message
Kristiaan_d
Hi Sorry to sound a bit dumb about this but the person who was maintaining NST and spamassissin left a little while ago and i am still learning all of the different settings etc. would you be able to suggest some points in there i can tweak to sort this out please.
Re: Problem with Particular email [message #417 is a reply to message #416] Fri, 08 December 2006 12:00 Go to previous message
Kristiaan_d
Hello,
has anyone been able to provide insturctions on this yet? as i am still getting a lot of junk mail coming through and not sure how to configure NST to sort it
Re: Problem with Particular email [message #418 is a reply to message #417] Fri, 08 December 2006 15:06 Go to previous message
freddyKrueger
Did you you update to the last version ? ( 2.3.5.3 )
There where some Sare-Rules added, which are sorting out those "embeded picture mails" ?

Then you should maintain your bayes database. ( If you use it, if not you should )
Are you learning HAM and SPAM, without any error messages ?
Can you run expire.bat ?
Sometimes the bayes database is corrupt or poisened. So, bayes is returning bad values.
You can delete the database and build up a new one.
If you delete it,
it takes some X00 Mails then bayes scoring will run again.
( First it has to sample X00 Mails, then scoring starts )
While learning SPAM you can watch the bayes Score going up for particular unwanted mails.
Previous Topic: sa-update ?
Next Topic: sa learn & SpamAssassin Coach for Outlook plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 25 15:59:29 CEST 2016