Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail SpamAssassin Filter » How to test the SA rules I wrote?
How to test the SA rules I wrote? [message #385] Sun, 26 February 2006 05:57
iyuvalk
Hi!

I wrote some new SA rules in order to detect some new SPAM messages and they don't seem to work correctly, how can I test them? I heard that I can use a command line option called --lint but how exactly should I do that?

The rule I wrote is this:
rawbody Obfuscation_1 /\/
description Obfuscation_1 detects messages that have tags for hiding info with an invalid css display value

Thanks,
Yuval.
Re: How to test the SA rules I wrote? [message #386 is a reply to message #385] Sun, 26 February 2006 21:00 Go to previous message
Heidner
spamassassin documents are in the /program files/no spam today/sa/doc directory on the pc. The spamassassin.html includes some tips on running and testing

--lint is intended to verify that the rules are synatacaily correct. Not that they work. You would need to create an example e-mail (or have captured one) that you can feed into it and see the results.

You can test with:

-t, --test-mode Pipe message through and add extra report to the bottom

and --debug if necessary
Re: How to test the SA rules I wrote? [message #387 is a reply to message #385] Tue, 28 February 2006 05:56 Go to previous message
iyuvalk
Hi again!

I tried running the --lint option and received this:
[1540] warn: config: cannot open /usr/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template: No
such file or directory
[1540] warn: config: failed to create default user preference file C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator/.spamassassin/user_prefs
[1540] warn: config: no configuration text or files found! please check your set
up

Is this normal (when using the version of SpamAssassin that comes with NST)?

Thanks
Yuval.
Re: How to test the SA rules I wrote? [message #388 is a reply to message #385] Tue, 28 February 2006 06:49 Go to previous message
iyuvalk
Hi again,

I forgot to specify where the rules are located by using "-c".... $-;
Silly me......

Sorry,

Yuval.
Previous Topic: Learning false postitive as ham?
Next Topic: How do I know that Bayes is working?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 19:20:59 CET 2016