Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Announcements » No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy V2.0.5.1 released
No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy V2.0.5.1 released [message #35] Wed, 23 March 2005 12:17
support
We are happy to announce the release of version 2.0.5.1 on Mar 23rd, 2005.

For a complete list of changes, please find the revision history here:

http://www.byteplant.com/support/nospamtoday/server/changes.html

The new version can be downloaded here:

http://www.nospamtoday.com/download/server/

Please help us to improve NoSpamToday!, any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy V2.0.5.1 released [message #36 is a reply to message #35] Sat, 26 March 2005 21:32 Go to previous message
Heidner
New version works great. I appreciate the ability to switch log files based on age.... that helps a lot.
Re: No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy V2.0.5.1 released [message #37 is a reply to message #35] Thu, 07 April 2005 14:56 Go to previous message
rhwang
Just upgraded to the lastest version from 2.0.3.2.

When I ran "checked for updates", I got the error: "Check for updates operation failed (connect failed (Address not available)). How do I fix that?

Also, how does the SpamAssassin Bayes DataBase work? How often should I
expire the tokens? I noticed that the SpamAssassin is having a real performance problem now. It takes up high CPU and some times it takes more than two minutes to filter a small message. This started to happen before the upgrade so it might not
have any thing to do with the upgrade. Is there any way to improved the performance?

Thanks.
Re: No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy V2.0.5.1 released [message #38 is a reply to message #37] Fri, 08 April 2005 14:24 Go to previous message
support
> When I ran "checked for updates", I got the error: "Check for
> updates operation failed (connect failed (Address not
> available)). How do I fix that?

Probably the update check never worked, earlier versions did not report errors of the update check.
To fix this, see if you firewall maybe blocks this connection, NoSpamToday! tries to connect to www.byteplant.com, port 80. The new version supports using an HTTP proxy, you can configure a proxy in the global settings wizard (Files->Global Settings).

> Also, how does the SpamAssassin Bayes DataBase work? How
> often should I
> expire the tokens? I noticed that the SpamAssassin is
> having a real performance problem now. It takes up high CPU
> and some times it takes more than two minutes to filter a small
> message. This started to happen before the upgrade so it
> might not
> have any thing to do with the upgrade. Is there any way to
> improved the performance?

Daily expiry is about right, use the Windows task scheduler to do this automatically. There is more on this topic in the maintenance chapter of the manual (which was recently updated).

The Bayes DB consists of two files, one containing tokens (words), and the other message-IDs of messages already learned. The latter file never shrinks, it grows and grows. This is a SpamAssassin bug (bug#2975) which might get fixed in the next release.
In the meantime, if you find that your bayes_seen file is very large (>20MByte), you should delete your database, and install a fresh pretrained database as shipped with the NoSpamToday! installer.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy V2.0.4.4 released
Next Topic: No Spam Today! for Workstations V2.0.3.1 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 12:52:04 CET 2016