Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Add-ons » What is the correct command line for F-prot
What is the correct command line for F-prot [message #281] Tue, 19 April 2005 16:26
eastwood
I have NST running and installed but viruses are still getting through!

I have the following on the command line option:

cmd /Q /D /C "D:\Program Files\FSI\F-Prot\fpcmd.exe" /silent

Yet someone else I know running it has the following:

%SCANNER% /silent %IN% /report=%ERR%

Which is correct or are they both correct?

Why am I still getting Viruses coming through?

Cheers
Re: What is the correct command line for F-prot [message #282 is a reply to message #281] Tue, 19 April 2005 17:21 Go to previous message
support
> I have NST running and installed but viruses are still
> getting through!
>
> I have the following on the command line option:
>
> cmd /Q /D /C "D:\Program Files\FSI\F-Prot\fpcmd.exe" /silent
>
> Yet someone else I know running it has the following:
>
> %SCANNER% /silent %IN% /report=%ERR%
>
> Which is correct or are they both correct?

The cmd wrapper is only needed for the F-PROT for DOS version. If you use the Windows version, the wrapper is not required. Though it is harmless, it adds some unnecessary overhead, so the second command line is prefered, but it might not work with older versions of NoSpamToday!.
>
> Why am I still getting Viruses coming through?

How do you know those are viruses? Do you run a second scanner? If this is an occasional instance, I wouldn't worry. If it is more frequent, I would expect an update problem. Make sure the virus database (signature files) is updated regularly, and the scanner itself.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: What is the correct command line for F-prot [message #283 is a reply to message #282] Tue, 19 April 2005 17:58 Go to previous message
eastwood
i know they are viruses as they are coming through an email address that is filtered through NST and they are gettign picked up at my desktop by Norton, but these shouldnt even get to my desktop is NST was working properly!

I have had 7 slip through today....

So if i change my settigns to %SCANNER% /silent %IN% /report=%ERR%

that would be better but shouldnt make any difference?

the signature files are updated every hour by f-prot as well as the scanner.
Re: What is the correct command line for F-prot [message #284 is a reply to message #283] Tue, 19 April 2005 19:20 Go to previous message
support
I wonder what would happen if you used f-prot on the desktop as well. It seems that different vendors sometimes have different opinions on what message contains a virus and what message does not.

See this thread:

http://www.byteplant.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=513&t=513#reply_513

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Vpscan and NST
Next Topic: McAfee configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 04:53:34 CET 2016