Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Add-ons » Attachment Filter White List
Attachment Filter White List [message #256] Tue, 03 May 2005 16:36
Shinare
Hi there,
I was wondering if there is yet a way to allow all attachments FROM a given address. Like, if I wanted all emails with attachments from *@webname.com to be passed through the attachment filter I would just add that to the attachment filter's whitelist.

Is this something I can set up?
Re: Attachment Filter White List [message #257 is a reply to message #256] Tue, 03 May 2005 19:29 Go to previous message
support
Shinare wrote:

> Hi there,
> I was wondering if there is yet a way to allow all
> attachments FROM a given address. Like, if I wanted all emails
> with attachments from *@webname.com to be passed through the
> attachment filter I would just add that to the attachment
> filter's whitelist.
>
> Is this something I can set up?

NoSpamToday! does currently not support such a configuration option.
I added this as a feature request to the wish list for the next major release.
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Attachment Filter White List [message #258 is a reply to message #256] Thu, 05 May 2005 00:37 Go to previous message
Heidner
I thought you could do this is you specify an "address pattern to disable the filter" (first screen of the Attachment filter)

I've implemented this on my server by having two attachment filters in a stacked together - the first one I disable the filter for the domains that I want mail to come through from. Then in the second filter I removed the domains from the "address pattern to disable the filter" and instead I deleted the virus patterns that I am willing to accept from those select domains. Things like zip, doc, xls... this lets me choose the "trusted" domains AND choose which files from those domains that I am willing to accept.
Re: Attachment Filter White List [message #259 is a reply to message #258] Thu, 05 May 2005 15:04 Go to previous message
Shinare
Heidner,
I thought the address patterns on the first screen were for internal addresses only. You enter an internal address such as john@here.com and any email received that is TO that address is passed through without being looked at.

What I am wanting to do is allow attachments FROM a given domain such as *@yahoo.com. This feature would be very usefull for us as we have many employees that would like to receive attachments from a domain of users (another agency) outside of our organazation.
Re: Attachment Filter White List [message #260 is a reply to message #256] Fri, 06 May 2005 04:47 Go to previous message
Heidner
You are correct -- now I'm wondering if I just hit a bug that will be closed up later on....

I think we really want both options - the ability to specify enable / disable for in house receipents. AND accept from "trusted senders". This would probably be useful for all but the spam assassin filters.
Previous Topic: Virus Scan Problem
Next Topic: NST2071 & ClamWin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 21:01:02 CET 2016