Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » timeout waiting for peer - cleanmail server (timeout waiting for peer)
timeout waiting for peer - cleanmail server [message #2149] Fri, 28 August 2009 00:25 Go to next message
egeuens

Product: CLEANMAIL for Servers (100 Recipients)

Server: Windows 2003 R2 - all updates and patches installed

3096 Mb RAM, enough diskspace

member server of domain

Navision running aside Cleanmail.

This setup is valid for the last 4 years.

Hi,

we are running NoSpamToday since several years now and upgraded to cleanmail when it was available, I installed the latest version yesterday. Apparently, during the night, the cleanmail admin interface blocked with message " timeout waiting for peer " and since then no emails were processed.

I installed Cleanmail on another Win2003 server as temp solution, it worked some time (no more than 1 hour) and again blocked with same message.

I installed it now on a virtual machine (Citrix Xencenter) running XP SP3 (clean install, no other programs running) and it give the same error: timeout waiting for peer

Of course we would like to go back to the normal situation. Can you help us?

Thank you.

Erwin

Re: timeout waiting for peer - cleanmail server [message #2150 is a reply to message #2149] Fri, 28 August 2009 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Griffyn
The first thing that came to mind was that the 'peer' in the message relates to your actual mail server, which CleanMail must communicate with. If your mail server's SMTP service is not responding or malfunctioning in some way, then this could be the cause.
Re: timeout waiting for peer - cleanmail server [message #2151 is a reply to message #2150] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:39 Go to previous message
egeuens
Indeed a good trace to follow. The mail server is a Windows Small Business Server 2008 with Exchange 7.
I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Erwin
Previous Topic: Duplicate Messages?!?
Next Topic: Spam filter message initialization failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 00:05:57 CEST 2016