Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Home Talk » Windows Vista blocks at start
Windows Vista blocks at start [message #2126] Wed, 12 September 2007 22:57 Go to next message
garisan
Hi!

The program gets blocked by windows defender at start and have to unblock it manually each time windows starts. Is there a way to solve this ?

Thanks
Re: Windows Vista blocks at start [message #2127 is a reply to message #2126] Thu, 13 September 2007 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
support
Press the bubble help that pops up in the lower right corner of the screen, saying that some start-up programs were not started.

This will open a dialog were you can allow NoSpamToday! to start.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Windows Vista blocks at start [message #2128 is a reply to message #2127] Thu, 13 September 2007 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garisan
Yes, I'm doing that, but I have to do it each time I boot. Isn't there a way to star it automatically ? Windows help states that the program should be prepared to execute without permissions.

Thanks
Re: Windows Vista blocks at start [message #2129 is a reply to message #2128] Fri, 14 September 2007 14:57 Go to previous message
support
garisan wrote:

> Yes, I'm doing that, but I have to do it each time I boot.
> Isn't there a way to star it automatically ? Windows help
> states that the program should be prepared to execute without
> permissions.

Microsoft did not foresee that someone might need to permanently unblock a startup program.

Here are a few preemptive answers to questions you might ask:

- Yes, NoSpamToday! for Workstations needs elevated privileges, there is no way around it.

- Yes, we could change the way NoSpamToday! startup works. But unfortunately rewriting NoSpamToday! for Workstations like this would break Windows 95/98/ME support. It's in the works, but don't expect it too soon.

There are workarounds, though. Short of disabling UAC and/or System Defender, or installing Windows XP, try to use the task scheduler to run NoSpamToday! after startup:

http://blog.gerke-preussner.de/index.php?/archives/5-Unblocking-Elevated-Startup-Programs-in-Vista.html

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Turnpike email client
Next Topic: Installation Issues /w POP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 18 12:34:33 CEST 2014