Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Home Talk » use existing spamassassin instalation
use existing spamassassin instalation [message #2102] Tue, 12 July 2005 15:41 Go to next message
pbarwich
Is there a way to use an existing installation of spamassassin? I have been experimenting with the spamassassin program for some time and have built up a good size bayes database of spams and good mails (hams) which I actually have received, and don't want to lose it.

Incidentally there's an excellent 'how to' for spamassassin on windows at http://www.openhandhome.com/howtosa300.html

Re: use existing spamassassin instalation [message #2103 is a reply to message #2102] Wed, 13 July 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
support
If you just want to continue using the Bayes databases, you can copy the database files bayes_seen, bayes_toks and bayes_journal into the "db" subdirectory of your NoSpamToday! installation.

If you want to use a completely different SpamAssassin installation, change the command line setting in the SpamAssassin Filter Setup Dialog (you need to check the "advanced options" checkbox on the first page of the dialog to access this setting).

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: use existing spamassassin instalation [message #2104 is a reply to message #2103] Wed, 13 July 2005 17:03 Go to previous message
pbarwich
Maybe I've missed something but it seems to me that the option to specify a command line setting only exists in 'No Spam Today!'. It does not appear in 'No Spam Today! for Workstations'.

So, apart from your suggestion of moving the database files, is there any way in the POP 3, workstation version to use an existing Spamassassin installation?
Previous Topic: Personal e-mail addresses
Next Topic: Register Product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 28 19:04:04 CEST 2016