Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Home Talk » Having No Spam Today AV checker work with NAV
Having No Spam Today AV checker work with NAV [message #2082] Wed, 19 January 2005 22:27
Zuhaib
Hi,
I notice in the new update to No Spam Today! that it allows for anti-virus problems to scan the E-Mail for virus, which would be helpful in my office as some of the users still do some pretty dumb thing.
But i cant seem to find a way to set it up to work thru No Spam Today. I know NAV has there own Virus checker for E-Mail but if i run it with No Spam they get in each ohers ways and slows down the computer. Is there a way to get No Spam Today to work with NAV so we can have both Spam protection and Anti-Virus
Thank you

Post Edited (01-19-05 22:28)
Re: Having No Spam Today AV checker work with NAV [message #2083 is a reply to message #2082] Thu, 20 January 2005 11:47 Go to previous message
support
Direct integration of Norton anti virus is not yet supported, because the command line scanner is unable to check more than one mail at the same time (if someone out there has different information, please let us know). This would result in problems if you retrieve mail from more than one mailbox.

Here's some general advice on using virus checkers with NoSpamToday! for Workstations.

On-Access Scanners

If your antivirus software supports on-access scanning (every file is checked as soon as you open it), be sure to exclude the following directories from this check:

- the NoSpamToday! installation directory
- the temporary directory (this location is controlled by the TMP and TEMP environment variables, the default location varies depending on the OS version you use). Versions later than 2.0.2.1 of NoSpamToday! write the location of the temporary directory used to the log file.

POP3 scanners

If your scanner already supports POP3 scanning, and you choose to enable it, there is no need to integrate this scanner in NoSpamToday!, you would be checking mails twice otherwise.

POP3 scanners come in two variants: some work as packet filters, and some work as TCP/IP filters. Scanners implementing packet filtering (like NOD32 or Bitdefender) cooperate with NoSpamToday! without problems.

For scanners working on socket level, you will run into conflicts binding the POP3 port. This FAQ entry tells you what to do:
http://www.byteplant.com/support/nospamtoday/workstation/faq.html#340

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: SPF
Next Topic: No Spam today and LARGE volumes of E-Mail/Spam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 12:02:45 CEST 2016