Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Home Talk » Need Cleanup at pop3?
Need Cleanup at pop3? [message #2050] Wed, 26 May 2004 16:28
kenalmond
I have multiple workstations. I use Outlook - which allows you to say "delete at server after x days". These days I get over 2000 emails per day so I set "delete after 1 day".

After trying No-Spam for 2 days - it does not appear to be deleting. After 2 days I'm up to 5000 email and it fast outstripping ability of No-Spam - i.e. I can't wait 8 hours for it to process them. Is there some setting?
Re: Need Cleanup at pop3? [message #2051 is a reply to message #2050] Wed, 26 May 2004 18:13 Go to previous message
support
kenalmond wrote:

> I have multiple workstations. I use Outlook - which allows
> you to say "delete at server after x days". These days I get
> over 2000 emails per day so I set "delete after 1 day".

> After trying No-Spam for 2 days - it does not appear to be
> deleting. After 2 days I'm up to 5000 email and it fast
> outstripping ability of No-Spam - i.e. I can't wait 8 hours for
> it to process them. Is there some setting?

Outlook forgets what messages it has seen whenever the account settings change. Could it be that you enabled/disabled NoSpamToday! for the account in question?

Set the maximum spam size setting in the configuration wizard to 1 byte, this effectively allows you to disable NoSpamToday! without modifying Outlook's account settings. The processing will be as fast as you can download your mail.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Need Cleanup at pop3? [message #2052 is a reply to message #2051] Fri, 28 May 2004 14:10 Go to previous message
kenalmond
>Outlook forgets what messages it has seen whenever the account settings change.
Yes.
>Could it be that you enabled/disabled NoSpamToday! for the account in question?
No.

And it gets worse. My pop server is a domain hosting company called Verio - and I'm limited to 200MB (that's mega bytes). On this site I can see Unix directories (via a web app) to delete files when they become large... for some reason NoSpamToday seemed (I'm not necessarily blaming NoSpam) caused a Trash file to become 160MB (after 3 days) and I had to uninstall. It appears as if NoSpam caused a extra mail directory to be created? with Inbox, Trash and Trash became a 160MB file that I had to delete to get back into compliance. When I deleted this extra mail directoy and uninstalled NoSpam everthing went back to normal.

I don't have info/tools to figure out what's happening - and after several hours on this I'm out of time.
Re: Need Cleanup at pop3? [message #2053 is a reply to message #2052] Fri, 28 May 2004 16:00 Go to previous message
support
It seems there is an Outlook quirk which needed a small workaround. This issue seemingly did only occur in certain Outlook/POP3 server combinations.

The latest version (1.0.5.2) fixes this. Please get it from the download page.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: So Sloooow
Next Topic: Block bad return addresses?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 08:52:53 CET 2016