Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Two Small Problems.
Two Small Problems. [message #2003] Mon, 01 June 2009 16:18
Advitek
Hi, just purchased a 25-email license for NoSpamToday an hour ago, but I've been running the trial version for a month now. Great software btw.

That said, I am having a couple small issues that I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

1.) My trial version had just expired. I went on the website purchased the 25-email license, and registered my copy. Registration worked fine, but it still shows as a trial copy, and won't let me update to the new version it says is available. I have not restarted as my server takes an agonizing amount of time to do so. Could that be the problem? I wouldn't think so, as there was no actual installation of any kind. I tried restarting the program & services to no avail.

2.) The other problem is something I'd noticed before expiry, and believe is tied to the NoSpamToday filter. Most, if not all message sent from blackberry's to internal addresses come out with garbled characters at the end, as the "This message sent from Blackberry wireless device" signature.

Re: Two Small Problems. [message #2004 is a reply to message #2003] Sun, 07 June 2009 19:36 Go to previous message
support
> 1.) My trial version had just expired. I went on the website
> purchased the 25-email license, and registered my copy.
> Registration worked fine, but it still shows as a trial copy,
> and won't let me update to the new version it says is
> available. I have not restarted as my server takes an agonizing
> amount of time to do so. Could that be the problem? I wouldn't
> think so, as there was no actual installation of any kind. I
> tried restarting the program & services to no avail.

Be sure that your system clock is set to the right date/time and timezone. Once the key has been accepted, the registration dialog should display a support expiry date one year in the future.

After registration, be sure to restart the NoSpamToday! Service (File -> Apply Settings (Restart Service))
>
> 2.) The other problem is something I'd noticed before expiry,
> and believe is tied to the NoSpamToday filter. Most, if not all
> message sent from blackberry's to internal addresses come out
> with garbled characters at the end, as the "This message sent
> from Blackberry wireless device" signature.
>
If you can reproduce this problem, try and capture one of these message with a mail storage filter, and forward the .eml file to nstsupport@byteplant.com for analysis.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Rejected Emails being sent to Mail Server
Next Topic: remote monitoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 26 21:02:05 CEST 2016