Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.
Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. [message #1931] Mon, 05 May 2008 14:53
maw
I am trying to setup NST on the same server as an Exchange server. I have configured the Incomming to be port 26 and the Output to be port 25 to my mail server.

I have yet to get NST to pick up an incomming email. My mail server receives e-mails fine as long as I leave the port forward in the Linksys router to port 25 to my mail server.

When I change the port forward to port 26 I get the following message when I send an e-mail from an external account to an internal account.

550 550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

If I switch the port back to 25 the email goes through, but so does a ton of SPAM.

I have been trying to fix this all weekend. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Re: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. [message #1932 is a reply to message #1931] Tue, 06 May 2008 19:28 Go to previous message
support
This is a message from your mail server. It looks like it doesn't relay messages from NoSpamToday!.

If the recipient account is indeed internal, this message shouldn't appear. Check your mail server's configuration, and make sure the recipient address does not need forwarding.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. [message #1933 is a reply to message #1931] Wed, 07 May 2008 02:37 Go to previous message
maw
I know the message is internal, because it works when going to Port 25.

The problem is that when I make a change on the Linksys Router to point to Port 26 (The port NST is running on) That is when I get the messages, and I never see the message show up in the NST Log.

Am I doing something wrong with the Ports?
Re: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. [message #1934 is a reply to message #1933] Wed, 07 May 2008 11:13 Go to previous message
support
> I know the message is internal, because it works when going to
> Port 25.
>
> The problem is that when I make a change on the Linksys Router
> to point to Port 26 (The port NST is running on) That is when I
> get the messages, and I never see the message show up in the
> NST Log.
>
> Am I doing something wrong with the Ports?

Please turn on detailed logging and send your nospamtoday.log to nstsupport@byteplant.com.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: unlimited domains
Next Topic: Required score can no longer be changed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 12:54:38 CET 2016