Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » MIME Violations
MIME Violations [message #1867] Tue, 04 December 2007 18:00
andysfoe
We updated to No Spam Today! for Servers 3.0.5.1 a few weeks ago, and now some of our business associates are having their emails returned. They are whitelisted. I see that the never version now sends the files through the attachement filter. Yeah!. However, now their email is being rejected for "(Attachment Filter) Message violates MIME standards: MIME syntax violation (Attachment Filter) Filter result is reject/delete" I have changed it to accept, however how can I inf out what the violation is so it can be corrected?
Re: MIME Violations [message #1868 is a reply to message #1867] Tue, 04 December 2007 18:18 Go to previous message
support
andysfoe wrote:

> We updated to No Spam Today! for Servers 3.0.5.1 a few weeks
> ago, and now some of our business associates are having their
> emails returned. They are whitelisted. I see that the never
> version now sends the files through the attachement filter.
> Yeah!. However, now their email is being rejected for
> "(Attachment Filter) Message violates MIME standards: MIME
> syntax violation (Attachment Filter) Filter result is
> reject/delete" I have changed it to accept, however how can I
> inf out what the violation is so it can be corrected?

The Whitelist is no longer applied to attachment and anti-virus filters by default.

You can either pass mails with MIME violations (accept/deliver policy), or change the attachment filter's default behaviour regarding the whitelist.

ATM, the latter can only be done by editing the noSPAMtoday.cf config file directly with a text editor (the procedure is described in the reference chapter of the manual, you need to add a line IgnoreWhitelist="false" to the AttachmentConfig section).

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: MIME Violations [message #1869 is a reply to message #1867] Fri, 07 December 2007 13:11 Go to previous message
andysfoe
Thank you for your answer, but I understood that already, and have already set it to accept/deliver.

My question was, How can I find out exactly what the violation was within NST so my sender can correct the problem on his end?
Re: MIME Violations [message #1870 is a reply to message #1869] Mon, 10 December 2007 12:43 Go to previous message
support
andysfoe wrote:

> Thank you for your answer, but I understood that already, and
> have already set it to accept/deliver.
>
> My question was, How can I find out exactly what the violation
> was within NST so my sender can correct the problem on his end?

NoSpamToday! does not make any parser output available, like a line number or similar. Usually it is something small, like missing quotes or something.

Capture the message with a mail storage filter, and send it to nstsupport@byteplant.com. We can feed it into our test system and give you a more detailed error report.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Increasing Whitelist - Score
Next Topic: Strange *SPAM* markers, NST 3.0.5.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 23:17:53 CET 2016