Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Feature Requests » Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options
Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #157] Sat, 24 July 2004 14:51
eastwood
Hi,

I have recently installed the trial version and must say its a great piece of software and real value for money and will shortly be purchasing the full product.

One thing I have noticed is that the spam policy options are a choice of 3 but are across the board, I was wondering if there were any plans to enhance this as I can see different people wanting different options.

What I mean is some will want to tag spam, Some will want to delete spam and others have asked if it be forwared to a spam mail account for their domain so they can look through it if any are marked wrongly but dont want them deleted.

Is this possible or in the pipeline for future upgrades maybe?

Does it make sense?

Basically rather than having a policy across the board for all domains you can have a policy for different domains.

Cheers

Jon.
Re: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #158 is a reply to message #157] Mon, 26 July 2004 11:37 Go to previous message
support
> I have recently installed the trial version and must say its
> a great piece of software and real value for money and will
> shortly be purchasing the full product.
>
> One thing I have noticed is that the spam policy options are
> a choice of 3 but are across the board, I was wondering if
> there were any plans to enhance this as I can see different
> people wanting different options.
>
> What I mean is some will want to tag spam, Some will want to
> delete spam and others have asked if it be forwared to a spam
> mail account for their domain so they can look through it if
> any are marked wrongly but dont want them deleted.
>
> Is this possible or in the pipeline for future upgrades
> maybe?
>
> Does it make sense?
>
> Basically rather than having a policy across the board for
> all domains you can have a policy for different domains.

It makes perfect sense to have a separate spam mail policy for each domain.
This feature is already on our agenda and will be available in NoSpamToday! 2.0
(coming soon).

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #159 is a reply to message #158] Mon, 26 July 2004 11:58 Go to previous message
eastwood
Any idea on timesacles for version 2.0 Smile
Re: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #160 is a reply to message #159] Tue, 27 July 2004 14:32 Go to previous message
support
There will be a beta test announcement of the next version sometime in late August, including a list of new features, proposed release dates, and licensing information.

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #161 is a reply to message #157] Tue, 27 July 2004 22:04 Go to previous message
InforMed Direct
> What I mean is some will want to tag spam, Some will want to
> delete spam and others have asked if it be forwared to a spam

If you use Outlook, most of this can be handled with a rule. We've got our clients set-up to move spam into a separate folder. This folder is set to auto-archive/delete spam over a month old.

The same rule could be modified to simply delete the tagged spam on arrival although I suspect nobody would be that sure that no false positives would get through Smile

Cheers, Rob.

Re: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #162 is a reply to message #161] Tue, 27 July 2004 22:12 Go to previous message
eastwood
Rob,

You miss the point,

That will still mean the client will have to download the message, the whole point of an SMTP gateway is to stop the mails at source so there isnt the increased traffic of the spam mail coming in and the client then downloading them.....

make sense?
Re: Enhancement request for Spam Mail Policy options [message #163 is a reply to message #162] Tue, 27 July 2004 22:19 Go to previous message
InforMed Direct
> That will still mean the client will have to download the
> message, the whole point of an SMTP gateway is to stop the
> mails at source so there isnt the increased traffic of the spam
> mail coming in and the client then downloading them.....

I see what you mean. It's not going to make much effect to Internet bandwidth is it though as the email has to be received in full by No Spam Today before it can be checked. I guess it reduces traffic to/from our Exchange server to Outlook on the desktop but this is limited anyway as only small emails are spam checked.

But if you're collecting email via dial-up remote access or synchronising Outlook remotely, then yes, I can see the reason.

Still, I've yet to come across a user who trusts spam filters 100% Smile

Cheers, Rob.

Previous Topic: NST w/ Domino and sa-learn and a suggestion
Next Topic: Possible Nice Future Feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 20:13:38 CET 2016