Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Attachment filter
Attachment filter [message #1450] Tue, 06 June 2006 13:48
chris.elvidge
Just Testing. Default Blocking Rules. Is there any way to change the Reject/Delete rule to Accept/Delete so that no 550 error is returned?

Chris Elvidge
Re: Attachment filter [message #1451 is a reply to message #1450] Tue, 06 June 2006 14:44 Go to previous message
support
Be warned that accept/delete opens up ways to shoot yourself in the foot without even noticing: Once deleted, a mail is lost without a trace, neither the sender, nor the recipient will know that the mail transmission failed.

To do it, open nospamtoday.cf with a text editor. In the [..\AttachmentConfig] section, add the following line:

DropListPolicy="accept/delete"

Find documentation on the config file in section 7 of the manual.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Attachment filter [message #1452 is a reply to message #1450] Wed, 07 June 2006 07:20 Go to previous message
chris.elvidge
Thank you. I'll read that section more carefully now.

Chris Elvidge
Re: Attachment filter [message #1453 is a reply to message #1450] Wed, 07 June 2006 09:22 Go to previous message
chris.elvidge
nospamtoday.cf is rewritten and loses my by-hand changes if I change the filter specs from the admin client. Just an observation. Decided to use accept/redirect instead of accept/delete. My a/v filters will catch any crap and I'll see the senders address and received.

Chris Elvidge
Re: Attachment filter [message #1454 is a reply to message #1450] Sat, 10 June 2006 07:32 Go to previous message
Heidner
I believe if you stop the Admin client first, then make your changes that you would be okay... with editing by hand.

Support would know for sure - perhaps you also need to stop the NST service.
Re: Attachment filter [message #1455 is a reply to message #1454] Mon, 12 June 2006 11:07 Go to previous message
support
Heidner wrote:

> I believe if you stop the Admin client first, then make your
> changes that you would be okay... with editing by hand.

Yes, correct.

> Support would know for sure - perhaps you also need to stop the
> NST service.

You need to restart the service (Linux: daemon) to make it use the new settings.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Skip anti virus filter
Next Topic: True Spam Filter Whitelists?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 01:45:17 CET 2016