Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Do not accept non-existing email
Do not accept non-existing email [message #1436] Tue, 09 May 2006 23:14
vlado
Hi there,

maybe this is very stupid question, but I noticed a lot of email coming to NST, which has my domain @buzalka.com but are not valid address.

Is there a way I can immediatelly delete such email, ėven without reaching my SMTP server?

Thanks

V.
Re: Do not accept non-existing email [message #1437 is a reply to message #1436] Tue, 09 May 2006 23:53 Go to previous message
Heidner
is it the IP address that is invalid or the mail address (i.e. they are sending to an invalid mail user in your domain..)?

If the it is an invalid IP address, sometimes it is just easier to raise the scores assigned by Spamassassin for spammers that are sending through known relays, known spammers, etc. In otherwords double the scores assigned.
Re: Do not accept non-existing email [message #1438 is a reply to message #1436] Wed, 10 May 2006 09:38 Go to previous message
support
> maybe this is very stupid question, but I noticed a lot of
> email coming to NST, which has my domain @buzalka.com but are
> not valid address.
>
> Is there a way I can immediatelly delete such email, ėven
> without reaching my SMTP server?

Please note that NoSpamToday! is a transparent SMTP proxy and thus accepts a recipient
address only if your mail server also accepts it. This means there are two options to
resolve this issue:
1. Configure your mail server to accept only valid addresses and to reject all other addresses
or
2. Enter the valid addresses into the Open Relay Protection list in the SMTP Proxy wizard
of the NoSpamToday! admin wizard.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Do not accept non-existing email [message #1439 is a reply to message #1436] Fri, 12 May 2006 08:08 Go to previous message
vlado
Thanks a lot

V.
Previous Topic: Log to a Database
Next Topic: Prevent NST from scanning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 27 03:53:09 CEST 2016