Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Virus Checking
Virus Checking [message #1420] Mon, 03 April 2006 05:04
heyjero
Have just installed newest update to NST. I cannot get the virus filter to work. I've tried AVG7, F-Prot (dos), and tried manually configuring Norton. All return a exit code 0 with test virus. Using console, it seems that the scanners are not finding the target test file to scan. Any ideas? thanks

note- was able to use clam with previous version

Post Edited (04-03-06 05:20)
Re: Virus Checking [message #1421 is a reply to message #1420] Mon, 03 April 2006 05:52 Go to previous message
Heidner
NST creates and saves the target file in a temp account (see tempdir). If file autoprotect is on for the other products - they may be quarantining the virus file. That would leave the mail clean of any artifacts when NST uses their command line scanner to look for the virus.

In most antivirus programs you can give a filename or pattern that you want excluded from the autoprotect. You might exclude the *.msg" files in which ever temp directory that is being used. If that then works... I would remove the autoprotect exclusion.

Leaving autoprotect in place can give you twice the protection if you use two different scan engines. Autoprotect may catch the file - if it doesn't then the command line scan has a chance...
Re: Virus Checking [message #1422 is a reply to message #1420] Tue, 11 April 2006 19:38 Go to previous message
heyjero
Thanks for the reply, but didn't install or deactived real time scanning for all products (sorry for not mentioning). F-Prot (command line only) does not even work.. Anything else I might try?
Re: Virus Checking [message #1423 is a reply to message #1420] Wed, 12 April 2006 09:28 Go to previous message
ScubaCat
I use McAfee - works great.
Previous Topic: Question: SPF
Next Topic: Service will not restart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 01 00:00:18 CEST 2016