Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Notification E-mail when Size Exceeded
Notification E-mail when Size Exceeded [message #1253] Wed, 05 October 2005 20:41
coffeyc1
This may be a stupid question, but how can I set it up so that if someone tries to E-mail one of my users a large attachment that exceeds the message size set in the global properties, that this user gets notified that it was rejected? Sometimes our web and communications groups have people sending them fairly large files that get rejected by NOSPAM, but our users have no idea that someone tried to send them anything, so they can't notify them to go to our ftp or web site instead of E-mailing.

I realize the sender will receive a notification, but in some cases, they don't bother to send a regular E-mail stating the problem, they either resend it again or figure it is not a problem and do nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Re: Notification E-mail when Size Exceeded [message #1254 is a reply to message #1253] Tue, 11 October 2005 15:24 Go to previous message
support
You can increase the allowable size for mails in the global settings dialog, you should set it to the same value as the message size limit of your mail server.

If this still doesn't work, look at your daily admin report. If there are mails reported that were too large, you can find the coressponding mail sessions in the log file, complete with subject, sender and recipient addresses (you have to enable either extended logging or detailed logging).

For now, there is no way to automatically notify the intended recipient.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Sending mail on - what if the server is down?
Next Topic: Just updated to new version...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 01:49:56 CET 2016