Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Majors problems with new version.
Majors problems with new version. [message #1024] Sat, 29 January 2005 03:07
hforo
So I upgraded to the new version today, and have had nothing but problems since. Every time I try to run the Admin tool and edit the spamassasin filter it hangs when i click next. It works when I run the attachment filter config, but every type it hangs when opening the spamassin one. spamasassin.exe is also constantly using 100% of one of my cpus (dual proc) and gaining in ram usage into the 600mbs. I have enjoyed using this but it is currently unusable Sad Its also slowing my system to a crawl due to the massive cpu and ram use of spamassassin. Anyone have any ideas? My computer is running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003.
Re: Majors problems with new version. [message #1025 is a reply to message #1024] Tue, 01 February 2005 11:04 Go to previous message
support
I believe your woes have nothing to do with updating.

In general, when your server is under heavy load and the GUI is not responding, it helps to shutdown NoSpamToday! temporarily while editing the settings. This disrupts your mail service, but no mail will be lost, because SMTP is designed to be tolerant of service downtimes.

Did you maybe override the skip size setting of the SpamAssassin filter?
SpamAssassin memory usage grows exponentially with the size of the mail checked, at least this is what the SpamAssassin Wiki says (http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/). For this reason the size of mail submitted to SpamAssassin is limited to 256kB. With this default, SpamAssassin usage is in the range of 20-30MB. When you decide to override the skip size setting, stay on the carpet, don't go far over our default of 256kB.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Whitelist
Next Topic: How to use with IMAIL Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 12:46:28 CET 2016