Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Spam Flagging
Spam Flagging [message #1010] Tue, 11 January 2005 17:27
swu
Can I configure the way NST handles the delivery/non-delivery of SPAM messages on a per user or per group basis? We have some users who need to verify there are no "false-positive" messages and others who will opt for NST to simply delete any messages NST flags as SPAM.

Can this be done?

Thx - Steve

Re: Spam Flagging [message #1011 is a reply to message #1010] Tue, 11 January 2005 17:59 Go to previous message
support
This is best done with a filtering rule in the mail server or mail client (most mail server software has this feature).

You could also configure two SpamAssassin filters with mostly the same configuration, but one deleting spam mails, and the other just tagging spam mails.

Use different address lists to control which of the SpamAssassin filters is applied to what recipient addresses.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Spam Flagging [message #1012 is a reply to message #1010] Tue, 11 January 2005 18:16 Go to previous message
swu
Thx, I will look at our Postfix config to setup filtering rules. I don't want the filtering to be at the client as this would transfer the overhead to the client machine and use up bandwidth in the process.

- Steve

swu wrote:

> Can I configure the way NST handles the delivery/non-delivery
> of SPAM messages on a per user or per group basis? We have some
> users who need to verify there are no "false-positive" messages
> and others who will opt for NST to simply delete any messages
> NST flags as SPAM.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Thx - Steve
>