Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » whitelist and external filters
whitelist and external filters [message #2019] Tue, 04 August 2009 04:28 Go to next message
Griffyn
Using the latest version of CleanMail. I have a number of external filters I've written, but when the Whitelist filter finds a match, my filters are being skipped. How can I configure things so that regardless of whether the sender has been whitelisted, my external filters still run?

Re: whitelist and external filters [message #2020 is a reply to message #2019] Tue, 04 August 2009 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
support
Use a text editor to edit the CleanMail.cf configuration file (in the configuration directory). Add the following line to the configuration section of your filter:

IgnoreWhitelist="true"

If this setting is true, the filter is always applied, even to whitelisted messages. This setting defaults to false for most filters, with the exception of attachment filters and anti-virus filters.

After editing the config file, you need to restart the CleanMail service.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: whitelist and external filters [message #2133 is a reply to message #2020] Fri, 14 August 2009 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Griffyn
That works temporarily, but every time I make a change using the CleanMail Admin program, these changes to the config file are being removed.

How can I get these to stay?
Re: whitelist and external filters [message #2139 is a reply to message #2133] Fri, 14 August 2009 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
support
Stop the CleanMail Admin app before editing the file, otherwise the CleanMail Admin app may overwrite your changes.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: whitelist and external filters [message #2142 is a reply to message #2139] Mon, 17 August 2009 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Griffyn
My testing shows that this does not help. To replicate:

- Stop the CleanMail service
- Add the IgnoreWhitelist="true" entry to the CleanMail.cf file.
- Start the CleanMail service
- Using the CleanMail Admin program, on the Report tab, use the pop-up menu to 'learn' an e-mail to the Whitelist.
- Using the CleanMail Admin program, apply the changes, which restarts the CleanMail service.
- Open the CleanMail.cf file, the IgnoreWhitelist="true" command has been removed.

To be sure, I am adding the entry to the following section:
[ServerSessionManager\Ports\SMTPPort\Filters\CommandLineConfig]

CommandLine="zipfilter/zipfilter bat chm cmd com cpl crt dll exe hlp hta inf ins isp js jse lnk msi msp nws ops ocx pcd pif prf reg ra ram rar rm rt scf scr sct shb shm shs shtm shtml swf url vb vbe vbs vbx vxd wsc wsf wsh zip"
CommandLineOutput="false"
CommandLineTimeout="300"
Name="Zip Filter"
IgnoreWhitelist="true"

[Updated on: Mon, 17 August 2009 01:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: whitelist and external filters [message #2143 is a reply to message #2142] Tue, 18 August 2009 02:17 Go to previous message
Griffyn
ok - working.

I misread original post. Closing the CleanMail Admin program is required.
Previous Topic: Why is email blocked?
Next Topic: How to tell when CleanMail is idle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 26 19:18:51 CEST 2016