Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Upgrading to v3
Upgrading to v3 [message #1828] Mon, 03 September 2007 19:48
InforMed Direct
Just upgraded to version 3 on our aging NT 4 server and it's gone ahead pretty well. Couple of points:

1. The "Add filter" button on the configuration dialog doesn't work - fortunately the menu items to add the black and white lists work

2. I registered our new license but it still says unlimited. Ohh hang on, just checked again and it's changed so ignore this one Smile

3. On installing it couldn't automatically find the DNS servers which was worrying. I had to manually add them. They are listed against the TCP/IP settings but don't display either when you do IPCONFIG /ALL. This is a bit strange but probably not a fault of NST.

Has this upgrade updated the spamassassin database?

Thanks, Rob.

Re: Upgrading to v3 [message #1829 is a reply to message #1828] Tue, 04 September 2007 13:44 Go to previous message
support
> 1. The "Add filter" button on the configuration dialog doesn't
> work - fortunately the menu items to add the black and white
> lists work
>
This is oddity pure. Perhaps the common controls DLL is too old to popup the menu. Probably there is no way to fix it, but as you mentioned there is a workaround.

> 3. On installing it couldn't automatically find the DNS servers
> which was worrying. I had to manually add them. They are listed
> against the TCP/IP settings but don't display either when you
> do IPCONFIG /ALL. This is a bit strange but probably not a
> fault of NST.

Yes, NST installation on Windows NT requires that you add this setting manually.
>
> Has this upgrade updated the spamassassin database?

No need to, unless you upgraded from NST version 1, but in this case it would have been done automatically.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Upgrading to v3 over top of v2
Next Topic: DNSBL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 10:18:16 CEST 2016