Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » setup Mcafee 8.5
setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1808] Fri, 17 August 2007 09:35
luka.obersnu
Hi, recently we upgraded our Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise protection from v8 to v8.5 and soon after that discovered that NoSpamToday stopped working correctly (we started to receive mails without subject and data).

To temporary correct the error I removed AV filter from NoSpamToday. Now I'm trying to figure out how to configure AV filter with new Mcafee product.

Mcafee stopped using scan.exe and now they seem to come out with new program csscan.exe witch doesn’t really work with NoSpamToday. Does someone have any idea how can I adjust command line for Mcafee AV in NoSpamToday to make it work again?

Thanks for the help, Luka

Re: setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1809 is a reply to message #1808] Fri, 17 August 2007 11:46 Go to previous message
support
> Hi, recently we upgraded our Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise
> protection from v8 to v8.5 and soon after that discovered that
> NoSpamToday stopped working correctly (we started to receive
> mails without subject and data).
>
> To temporary correct the error I removed AV filter from
> NoSpamToday. Now I'm trying to figure out how to configure AV
> filter with new Mcafee product.
>
> Mcafee stopped using scan.exe and now they seem to come out
> with new program csscan.exe witch doesn’t really work with
> NoSpamToday. Does someone have any idea how can I adjust
> command line for Mcafee AV in NoSpamToday to make it work
> again?

From the McAfee forum: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=101573
We suggest that you get in contact with their support team directly to resolve this issue.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1810 is a reply to message #1809] Mon, 20 August 2007 09:45 Go to previous message
luka.obersnu
OK, I'll contact the Mcaffe to see what they have to say about this. By the way, on the Macafee forum link that you forwarded me to is the line: "They said the vendors who will be using their products will have to contact McAfee so they can get information on how to better implement their systems." Wink

When I'll know more, I'll post back this forum.
Luka

Re: setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1811 is a reply to message #1808] Fri, 31 August 2007 08:38 Go to previous message
luka.obersnu
After I have exchanged few mails with Mcafee support this is their last answer:

"It is regarding the case registered No.xxx virusscann and scan.exe

1) Checked with the next level and have suggested to check using csscan.exe
2) We do not support the use of 3rd party our product as a plug in with a third party application" (end quote)

Is it possible that NoSpamToday contacts Mcafee regarding this issue and find the appropriate solution?

Luka
Re: setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1812 is a reply to message #1811] Fri, 31 August 2007 16:18 Go to previous message
support
We will try and see if something can be done, but it is unlikely that a short-term solution can be found.

For the time being, leave the older version on your NST server for mail checking purposes.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1813 is a reply to message #1808] Fri, 26 October 2007 11:32 Go to previous message
rarens
I have the same problem, is there meanwhile a solution?
Re: setup Mcafee 8.5 [message #1814 is a reply to message #1808] Wed, 30 January 2008 11:07 Go to previous message
luka.obersnu
Yes, live the old VSE 8.0 on until they come up with something.

L.
Previous Topic: Downloading last v2 version?
Next Topic: Order of filters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 13:07:00 CET 2016