Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » NST Admin interface
NST Admin interface [message #1784] Mon, 30 July 2007 20:56
ksteutermann
Everything seems to be functioning normally, emails are coming in and being filtered etc, but when using the NST admin interface, when I attempt to look at the "log" or "report" tabs I get a connection refused error. However, it does show me the log and/or report. I checked the "File, Connect" setting and have it set to "localhost:8086".

Thanks
Kevin Steutermann

Re: NST Admin interface [message #1785 is a reply to message #1784] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:28 Go to previous message
support
If it works, it works. Maybe only the first try failed, or the service was not yet up and running.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1786 is a reply to message #1785] Thu, 16 August 2007 17:34 Go to previous message
RBecker
Same with me. I have running the latest release of NST on my production server without any problems. But on another server with Small Business Server and Exchange, I can't connect the Admin Interface to the service.

Reinhold
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1787 is a reply to message #1786] Fri, 17 August 2007 11:38 Go to previous message
support
> Same with me. I have running the latest release of NST on my
> production server without any problems. But on another server
> with Small Business Server and Exchange, I can't connect the
> Admin Interface to the service.

What happens if you do a "telnet localhost 8086" on the SBS machine?

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1788 is a reply to message #1784] Fri, 17 August 2007 16:02 Go to previous message
RBecker
I can't connect to port 8086 via telnet. No firewall running.
It's a standard SBS installation out of the box.

Reinhold
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1789 is a reply to message #1784] Wed, 22 August 2007 23:02 Go to previous message
r2ch
I seem to being having this trouble as well. I can fix it by removing the changes I made to the configuration that pushed the size of the nospamtoday.cf over 98kb.

I can make whatever configuration changes I want and they work just fine as long the config file stays below. However as soon as the size ok the disk is 99kb or greater and the admin tool no longer seems to be able to read it.

Richard J.

Re: NST Admin interface [message #1790 is a reply to message #1784] Wed, 22 August 2007 23:51 Go to previous message
r2ch
The admin wizard on the windows version may have an issue with nospamtoday.cf files larger than a certain size. On my system this size seems to be 99kb or larger. Once the file reaches that size (either by adding new proxies or new options to existing proxies), then the wizard no longer works. I can't really tell for sure if the service stops working also, but this seems to be the case.

I have submitted a pair of emails to techsupport with the particulars of my system and examples of working and non-working config files.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the answer is.

Richard J.
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1791 is a reply to message #1790] Fri, 24 August 2007 13:15 Go to previous message
support
We did not anticipate the need for configuration files as large as this. We will increase the limit in one of the upcoming releases.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1792 is a reply to message #1791] Tue, 13 November 2007 19:47 Go to previous message
ron.gooding
I have the same problem with a new, trial installation on SBS 2003 R2. I am using the latest version of NST - 3.0.4.4. Everything works except the admin interface.

A telnet to localhost 8086 fails. Is it possible this is on a different port number? How can I verify?

Thanks

Ron Goodiing

Re: NST Admin interface [message #1793 is a reply to message #1784] Tue, 13 November 2007 19:50 Go to previous message
ron.gooding
Forgot to mention that my NST.CF is only 1KB.
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1794 is a reply to message #1791] Tue, 13 November 2007 21:54 Go to previous message
ron.gooding
I have the same issue with a new, trial install of NST v3.0.4.4 on SBS 2003 Sp2. Everything works except the admin console.

I can not telnet to localhost 8086. How can I tell which port NST is using?

My NST.cf file is only 1kb.

Ron Gooding
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1795 is a reply to message #1794] Thu, 15 November 2007 12:02 Go to previous message
support
ron.gooding wrote:
>
> I can not telnet to localhost 8086. How can I tell which port
> NST is using?

You'll find this info in the log.

The SBS has an SMTP service running, did you already disable that? If you did not, the NST service will fail to start.

Perhaps it is worth a try to change to a different port, e.g. 80 (if you have no web server running on this port)
You can change the default admin server and port by adding the following lines to the HTTPPort section of the config file, like this:

IncomingServer="localhost"
IncomingPort="80"

Now you can try telnet to localhost 80.
In the admin console, you can change the connection settings to localhost:80 (File->Connection).

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1796 is a reply to message #1795] Thu, 15 November 2007 18:35 Go to previous message
ron.gooding
The SMTP service, ports and IP addresses have been configured correctly.

As I said in my post twice ->"Everything works except the admin interface."

I looked at my configuration file and found that there was NO [HTTPPort] section in the file. I added the section and included
IncomingServer="localhost"
IncomingPort="8086"

Restarted the service and everything worked fine.

I REMOVED these two entries but left the [HTTPPort] section header in the file.

Restarted the service and everything worked fine.

The missing [HTTPPort] section in my configuration file was the cause of the problem.

Thanks for the assistance.

Ron Gooding
Re: NST Admin interface [message #1797 is a reply to message #1796] Fri, 30 May 2008 23:05 Go to previous message
Life11235
I can also confirm this on version 3.1.2.1

Same problem, no admin interface with the connection failed. I too was missing the [HTTPPort] section in my config file.

Added it manually and restarted the service, everything worked great.

-Nick
Previous Topic: Blacklist/Whitelist gone from Spamassassin GUI config
Next Topic: NST Testing on Exchange 2007
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 29 20:42:06 CEST 2016